Skywings Flight Training, one of Belgium’s leading airline pilot schools, is expanding and looking for the right talent to support our growth. For this reason, we are looking for a daily operations and planning officer.
As a daily operations and planning officer, you are responsible for and control the day-to-day operation of the school. You ensure that the planning is efficient, safe and in accordance with the applicable training manual.
This is a fulltime position (MON-FRI 08:00-16:00), on-site at our campus in Antwerp Airport. Working from home is not possible. Preferably you can start in January 2024.
- Daily operations supervision
- Daily planning supervision
- Daily maintenance supervision in coordination with the maintenance department and the Chief Of Operations
- Deal with daily issues that can affect the training
- Make sure that the Flightlogger (planning software) data is up to date
- Deal with planning changes that occur due to bad weather, cancellations, booking of circuits, technical issues
- Ensure that all flights are on time by monitoring the aircraft
- To think ahead of time so that they can deal with any flight programme issues before they have a ripple effect
- To ensure that the right type of aircraft is used in accordance with the training manual
- To plan the maintenance and repairs and navigation database updates of the aircraft. They need to liaise with engineering department and the COO
- To draw up rosters and schedules to assure a smooth operation. You will also arrange fill-ins for any absent students and/or instructors and check the roster
- You report to the Chief of Operations
- Knowledge of English (Dutch, French or Spanish are a plus)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Leadership skills
- Pro- active
- Stress resistant
- Able to delegate
- Team spirit
- Eager to learn
- Aviation knowledge is beneficial
As the daily operations and planning officer, you have the responsibility of running the Skywings Flight Training Academy on a daily operational basis. Daily resumes are reported via mail to the management and the flight operations staff where issues and an overall overview are reported.
You also oversee all major operational decisions, and come up with solutions to operational challenges in coordination with the Chief of Operations. You will raise issues in other departments which could influence the operational performance of the academy.
What we offer
- A dynamic environment
- A young and fun team
- A versatile and fulfilling job
- Room for personal development and growth
- Salary according to experience
- A steep learning curve
Boeing 747 piloot en Vlieginstructeur